Owning a beautiful carpet in your house is surely a very good way of improving the appearance and ambience of any room in your home. It can certainly provide warmth and comfort as well as beautify the interior of the home. Carpets are very useful too as they can protect you and the members of your household from slipping on the slippery floor.
Sometimes though, owning a pet can make it very difficult to keep your carpet clean. Pets can urinate all over the place and make your carpet look and smell filthy. You may be able to get rid of the stain that the pet urine has caused but it may still leave behind an unpleasant smell that will make your carpet unappealing.
Knowing how to properly get rid of the pet urine odor on your carpet is important so that you can restore it to its proper glory. If you don’t know how to go about this, below are some very useful tips that you can try.
• Sprinkle Baking Soda on the Affected Area – You may think that baking soda is just for your kitchen but you are quite mistaken. Sometimes all you would need in order to get rid of the pet urine odor left behind on your carpet is some baking soda. It has long been used to deodorize the nasty smells on clothes, shoes, and upholstery and it is just as effective when you use it on your carpet. To utilize it in removing the unpleasant pet urine odor left on the carpet, sprinkle a considerable amount of baking soda on the area where the smell is concentrated. Leave the baking soda overnight to allow it to suck and absorb the bad odor caused by the pet urine. The next day, use a wet/dry vac or a vacuum cleaner to suck up all of the baking soda and you will notice that the bad smell of pet urine is no longer there.
• Hire a Professional Carpet Cleaner – If the previous tip does not do the trick in removing the unpleasant pet urine smell on your carpet, maybe the best thing for you to do is to hire a professional carpet cleaner to solve the problem. Sometimes the problem may be too much for the homeowner to handle and in these situations calling in the experts to help you out is the next option that you should try. Professional carpet cleaners will have the necessary knowledge and tools to completely remove the unwanted odor. This will surely help you restore your carpet’s cleanliness and condition back to normal.
Carpet stains are very tough to deal with for every homeowner. Stains can easily get on the carpet because of food and drink spills created by mishaps inside the home. An example of a tough cleaning problem that a carpet owner can have is cleaning up stains brought about by spilling cream of corn soup on the carpet. This is a very tough situation since the stain will cause the carpet to look dirty and unappealing. Cleaning it up is really important so that your carpet will look nice and clean again.
Managing this challenging cleaning problem can be a very tall order for any inexperienced carpet owner. Luckily, it is not impossible to do if you know the correct steps to take. If you are experiencing this very predicament in your home, here is a guide to help you remove the cream of corn soup stain on your carpet.
1. The very first thing that you must do is to remove as much of the spilled soup on the carpet as you can. This is so that the cream of corn soup will not seep deep into the carpet fibers. Use a clean cloth to absorb the soup before moving on to the next step.
2. Get some white vinegar and combine a teaspoon of it with a cup of warm water. This is going to create a cleaning agent that will surely be able to eliminate the cream of corn soup stain on the carpet.
3. Apply the cleaning solution that you have just made onto the stained portion of the carpet. Let about three of five minutes pass before using a clean white cloth to blot the soup stain repeatedly. Continue doing this step until you are able to get rid of all of the stain.
4. Repeat the previous step until you get the results that you want. It could take a while since some stains are very stubborn but eventually you will be able to remove all of the cream of corn soup completely.
5. With all of the stain gone, the only thing that you have left to do is to flush out any residue that could get left behind on the carpet fibers. Afterward, use a clean cloth or a rag to dry everything thoroughly before using it once more.
Cleaning cream of corn soup spills on the carpet can be problematic but hopefully the tips above will help you get it clean and back to normal in no time.
Eating some tasty bread pudding is certainly a nice way to end a meal. It is really good to eat as a snack as well. The good thing about bread pudding is it is not that difficult to prepare yet it is very tasty and delicious.
You can enjoy bread pudding while watching some television in the living room or simply talking with your friends or family on the couch. You have to be careful though not to spill some of the bread pudding on the carpet as it can create a bit of a mess.
Spilling bread pudding on the carpet is not something that you would want to happen in your home. Unfortunately, this can sometimes be unavoidable because accidents and mishaps tend to occur without any warning. To help you in cleaning up this kind of mess on your carpet, here is a guide that you can use to effectively clean up bread pudding spills.
• Use a spoon or a dull knife to quickly remove as much of the bread pudding spilled on the carpet. You need to do this as fast as you can so that you can avoid another person stepping on the pudding and making the problem a lot worse in the process.
• After clearing the area of the food particles, you now have to focus your attention to removing the unwanted stain that the spill has likely caused. For this you would need to use a simple yet effective homemade cleaning agent. You can easily make it on your own by mixing a teaspoon of white vinegar with a cup of warm water. Once you have this ready proceed to the next step.
• Use some of the cleaning solution you have made onto the stained portion of the carpet. Let it stand for about two minutes before using a clean white cloth to blot the stain. This helps in removing the stain slowly until eventually all of it will be gone.
• After you have eliminated the stain on your carpet, the last step for you to do is to flush out any residue that could get left behind. Do this by pouring a glass of water on the area of the carpet you just cleaned. Then, dry everything up with some clean towels or rags.
With the steps above you will surely be able to get rid of the bread pudding spill on your carpet with ease. Good luck!
After several hours of working out at the gym or maybe playing hoops or football with your buddies, sore and aching muscles are definitely not something that you should be surprised of. While it can be worth the experience and fun that you had, painful muscles can be really uncomfortable and very annoying to have. It can seem like every move you make actually causes you pain which is surely not something that anyone would want to have.
Thankfully, there are many options that you can try in order to alleviate the pain that you are feeling. You can decide to take some medicine or opt to apply some Ben Gay on the aching areas of your body. Ben Gay is certainly very helpful in making your painful muscles feel better but just watch out that you don’t inadvertently spill some of it on your carpet.
Sadly, many homeowners are facing this very predicament in their homes. Spilling Ben Gay on the carpet can result in ugly stains that can ruin the way that it looks. If you have this problem at home, check out the steps below to learn how you can clean up this mess with ease.
1. The first step is to remove as much of the spilled Ben Gay on the carpet as you can. Use a clean spoon to slowly scoop up the spill on the carpet until the area is cleared of any foreign material.
2. Next, use a mixture of one part clear ammonia and four parts warm water to make a cleaning solution that will help in eliminating the unwanted stain on the carpet. Once you have this ready, apply some of it on the affected area of the carpet and then let it set for a minute or two.
3. Get a clean white cloth and then slowly begin to blot the stain on the carpet. You will observe that the stain will gradually become lighter and lighter until eventually all of it will be gone. It can take a while before you can completely get rid of the stain but soon enough your carpet will be clean and spotless once more.
4. With the stain completely gone, the last step that you should take is to ensure that no residue is left behind on the carpet. Pour a glass of water on the area where the Ben Gay was spilled and then dry everything using clean towels.
Cleaning up this kind of mess can be very troublesome but thankfully it is not impossible to do. If ever you have this predicament at home, follow the advice above and you will surely get your carpet back to normal in no time.
If you are a woman then you have surely used nail polish in your everyday life. It is really useful in making you look better as having clean and beautiful fingernails and toenails can have a huge impact in getting a good first impression.
Nail polish comes in many shades and vibrant colors and surely helps a lot in making your nails look amazing. Just be careful when you are using the nail polish though as you never want to accidentally get any of it on your carpet. Unfortunately, mishaps while you are painting your nails are not uncommon so spilling or smudging nail polish on your carpet is a problem that many homeowners are worried about.
If you are experiencing this very problem in your home, don’t worry as there is a way to clean up this mess with ease. Here are some steps that you can try to help you in removing the nail polish spill on your carpet easily.
1. The first step that you will need to undertake is to remove as much of the spilled nail polish on the carpet as possible. Quickly get some paper towels and blot the area of the carpet where the spill occurred. The paper towels is very helpful in absorbing the nail polish and so that you can prevent it from seeping deeper into the fibers of your carpet.
2. After clearing the area of the excess nail polish, you would now need to focus on the nasty stain that is left behind. You would need to use something that will help remove the stain and one such item that you can use is nail polish remover. Just remember to make use of the non-acetone kind as sometimes the ones containing acetone can damage your carpet fibers. To be really sure that you have gotten the right one, use a small amount of the solution on an unnoticeable part of the carpet to see if it does any damage.
3. With the polish remover already on hand, the next step is to apply some of it onto the affected area of the carpet. Leave it for a few minutes and then start in blotting the area using a clean white cloth. You will observe that the stain will slowly become lighter and lighter until eventually all of it will be gone.
4. The last step that you will need to do is for you to rinse the area with clean water. This is to help eliminate any unwanted residue that could get left behind on the carpet fibers. Dry the carpet completely using clean rags and you’re done getting your carpet back to normal.
Tile cleaning is an essential task that homeowners must perform in order to keep their tiles clean and beautiful. This is not only a tough task but it can also be a burden on your wallet. Cleaning your tiles mean spending a lot of money in buying cleaning products that will help you in performing the task and this can cost you a lot of money.
Thankfully, there are ways that you can try to help you save money while still getting your tiles clean. Below are a list of some household items that you can use to help you in cleaning your tiles. These items are not only inexpensive but they are also very effective in effectively cleaning the tiles. Try to use the following household items to help you in cleaning your tiles.
• Baking Soda – Baking soda is really useful inside the kitchen but it may also be used for many other purposes inside the home. It has long been used for its deodorizing qualities but it can also be utilized in order to get rid of many stains and spots on your carpet and also on your tiles. Using baking soda to help you clean your tiles is very simple. You just have to mix some baking soda with a teaspoon of vinegar to help create a cleaning paste that will be really effective in cleaning stains and spots on your tiles. Apply the cleaning paste on the affected area of your tiles and let it set until it hardens. After a while, use a dull knife to pick at the hardened paste and then use a vacuum cleaner to remove the loose particles. Repeat the steps until you are able to completely eliminate the cleaning problem on your tiles.
• White Vinegar – White vinegar is another household item that you can utilize in cleaning your tiles at home. Vinegar is great for deodorizing carpets, clothes, and upholstery but it is likewise really effective in cleaning spots and stains on your tiles. Cleaning your tiles using white vinegar is really easy as all you would need to do is to create a cleaning solution using it. Just mix a teaspoon of white vinegar with a cup of warm water and place the resulting mixture inside an empty container. Apply some of the cleaning solution on the affected area of the tiles and then let it set for a couple of minutes. Then, use a clean cloth to blot the affected area repeatedly. This will surely be effective in cleaning any spots and stains on your beautiful tiles at home.
Motor oil is not something that you would commonly find or use inside your home yet it can create one of the most devastating cleaning problems on the carpet. Motor oil is frequently used in the garage but there are instances when you carry it inside the house. If you do so, you should be very careful since spilling it on the carpet will create a very big mess.
Sadly, this is something that happens to many homeowners. Getting motor oil spilled on the carpet is going to create a very nasty stain that will instantly ruin the appearance of your carpet. If you are facing this problem at home you should do everything you can to get your carpet back to normal. To help you out, here are the steps that you can take to properly remove the motor oil stains on your carpet.
• Try to extract the spilled motor oil on the carpet as soon as possible. Doing so will increases your chances of cleaning up the mess easier. Cleaning the spill as soon as it happens is definitely something that you should do right away. Quickly get a clean white cloth and absorb the spilled motor oil until you have cleared the area. You can also make use of a spoon and just scoop up as much of the liquid motor oil from the carpet.
• Once you have cleared the carpet of the excess motor oil, the next step is to create a cleaning agent that will eliminate the stain. You can make one by simple mixing a teaspoon of non-bleach laundry detergent with a quart of warm water. Place the resulting mixture inside an empty spray bottle and then bring it with you to the affected area of the carpet.
• Spray the motor oil stain on your carpet with the detergent-based cleaning solution. Allow a couple of minutes for the solution to work its magic on the stain. It will gradually break it down so that it will be easier to remove with the next steps.
• Use a clean white cloth and slowly blot the affected area. This will cause the stain to become lighter and lighter until eventually all of the stain will be gone. Remember to be patient since the stain won’t be removed right away. Just keep at it until your carpet is nice and clean once again.
• Lastly, rinse the carpet area you finished cleaning using a glass of clean water. This is so that any residue that could get left behind will be removed. Dry the area properly with some clean rags and you’re through.
Dry cleaning the carpet is one of the most effective ways to get it clean and tidy. It entails using methods which utilize very little or no water in order to clean the carpet. While it is becoming a very popular option nowadays, it is still sometimes rejected in favor of the more traditional techniques of cleaning the carpet.
Dry cleaning is certainly a simple and effective cleaning method which comes with a lot of advantages. Sadly, because some people don’t really know a lot about dry cleaning then they often just choose the method which they have been accustomed to. Dry cleaning the carpet is very simple as you would just need to apply the dry cleaning chemical compound on the carpet and let it sit for several hours or overnight. Then, just vacuum it the follow morning and you will notice that your carpet is a lot cleaner and fresher. The cleaning compound will absorb the dust, dirt, and other unwanted particles which will be removed as soon as you vacuum the former.
If you have not tried dry cleaning your carpet just yet then you should not be afraid to try it. Check out some of the basic information below to help you find out more about dry cleaning the carpet so that you can better understand what it is all about.
• Dry cleaning the carpet does not mean that there is no moisture being used. Depending on the technique, there may be some moisture which will be utilized to clean the carpet. This is why dry cleaning is sometimes known as a VLM method which stands for “Very Little Moisture”. Still, compared to traditional cleaning methods, the amount of moisture being used is extremely minimal thus you won’t have to waste a lot of time in trying to dry the carpet after you have cleaned it.
• The dry cleaning compound which is used to absorb the dust and dirt on your carpet is biodegradable so you won’t have to worry about the negative effects that it may have on the environment. Some homeowners who are proactive about protecting the environment are sometimes put off by the use of the term chemical compound thinking that these have unwanted effects on the surroundings. Actually, the chemical compound being used is eco-friendly thus you will be cleaning your carpet without having any negative side effects on the environment.
Dry cleaning your carpet is a very good option to try if you are a homeowner constantly dealing with cleaning problems on your carpet. Try it out and see for yourself how effective this great carpet cleaning method can really be.
(Newswire.net — May 1, 2013) Pensacola, FL- John Braun, the owner of Premium Carpet Care in Pensacola, Florida, is now recognized as a regular contributor to ICS Magazine. ICS Magazine is one of the largest trade publications for the carpet cleaning industry. The magazine has been in distribution for 50 years.
ICS Magazine distributes has a distribution to 25,000 cleaning professionals. Each month they produce articles that help carpet cleaning businesses with subjects such as stain removal, business growth, marketing, advertising, technical bulletins and management. In addition, they have an interactive social media based website for carpet cleaning businesses to share information.
And now ICS Magazine produces monthly podcasts from advertising expert John Braun. This monthly podcast show is known as “ICS Magazine Presents the Hitman Advertising Show.” The show will concentrate on helping carpet cleaning business owners grow their business by helping them get more clients with their advertising.
“Advertising isn’t something that comes naturally to most people. In fact, the first reaction to most newbie cleaning business owners is to have their advertising based on a low price. But for a cleaning business, advertising a low price is the kiss of death. With this new podcast series I hope to help carpet cleaning business owners understand how to advertise their business profitably,” said John Braun, owner of Premium Carpet Care.
John Braun holds a bachelor degree in advertising from the University of West Florida. He started Premium Carpet Care in Pensacola while he was still in advertising school. He wanted to start a business to test out advertising concepts and find out what worked and what didn’t work. You can contact Premium Carpet Care by visiting www.Carpetcaretips.com or calling 850-474-1133
Taking care of your carpet is something that must be done properly if you want any chance of keeping it clean and in good condition. Many homeowners are struggling with this task because it can be very challenging and some don’t really know the proper steps to take. This can often result in a filthy carpet which is not cleaned correctly.
Properly maintaining the cleanliness of your carpet is something that every homeowner should know. If you have a carpet at home, you should take time to learn how to properly take care of it so that you can keep it clean and in good condition. Check out some of the basic carpet cleaning tips that you should remember for your carpet at home.
• Not All Stains are the Same – Many people think that all kinds of stains are the same way and thus they only have one technique and apply it to every kind of stain that affects their carpets. This is something that you should remember so that you can properly address the particular kind of stain on your carpet. Some stains can be easily removed using water-based cleaning solutions while oil or grease-based stains would need a more specific approach in order to remove it. Make sure that you know what kind of stain you are facing so that you will know exactly what should be done to remove it.
• Remove As Much Carpet Spills As Possible – Spills on the carpet are very common and it can result in a very nasty stain if you don’t clean it up correctly. This is why one important thing that you should keep in mind is to immediately remove as much of the spill as you can. This can really help save your carpet from a very nasty stain as removing the foreign material will help prevent a stubborn stain from occurring. Use a clean paper towel or a sponge to absorb as much of the spill so that you will have an easier time getting your carpet back to normal.
• Dilute Carpet Stains With Water – Diluting the stain on your carpet with a few drops of water can be a really big help in order to prevent it from setting immediately. You never want the stain on your carpet to set immediately as this can make things more problematic for you. Preventing the carpet stain from setting will help save you a lot of time and effort in getting it completely removed. Adding a few drops of water on the stain and then lightly blotting it with a paper towel will help do the trick.